ZF E-bike Speed Sensor Enriches the New Trend of ABS Applications
The ABS system has become indispensable in passenger and commercial vehicles. This safety function is also becoming increasingly popular for e-bikes. Bicycle accidents are often caused by uncontrolled braking, especially during emergency stops or braking on gravel and wet roads. The anti-lock braking system ensures a safe slowdown by evenly deaccelerating the front and rear wheels. To do this, the speed on both wheels must be measured constantly and precisely. The Hall-based speed sensor from ZF promotes this solution.
The ZF e-bike speed sensor GS82-AA02 was specially developed for use in Pedelecs and S-Pedelecs. Based on Hall technology, the sensor in combination with an external, ferromagnetic speed disk achieves a high-resolution speed measurement. The sensor targets the slot structure of the speed disc and, depending on the number of slots, it transmits up to 50 or more speed signals per wheel revolution. In practice, this leads to a finer and quicker response from the e-bike drive. The ABS system also benefits from the high resolution in speed. With the precise speed values of both wheels, the ABS control unit can adjust the wheels to each other and brake them in a controlled manner.
The extremely compact design (21.75mm long x 9.35mm in diameter) of the sensor fulfills the necessary requirements for the use in e-bikes. The speed sensor is based on the principle of the Hall effect and therefore it is contactless and wear-free. The differential measurement of the magnetic flux also increases the robustness of the sensor against vibrations. Depending on the customer’s requirements the contact via connector, as well as the cable length, can be preselected individually. The sensor requires a constant voltage supply of 6.5 – 20 VDC and measures frequencies between 1 and 2,500 Hz. They are designed for a temperature range from -25 °C to + 85 °C to fulfill the declaration of conformity in the e-bike industry.
• Hall based non-contact and solid-state sensor
• Virtually unlimited life, no wear and tear from friction
• Immune to vibration, shock, dirt or water for an improved functional safety especially for Pedelecs, S-Pedelecs and E-Scooter
• Available standard product with Higo connector. Flexibility in terms of cable length and connector assemblies.
• High resolution in combination with speed and brake disk especially for slow speeds (e.g. hill starts)
• Hall sensor with speed disk for improved manipulation resistance and robustness
• Best suitable also for ABS-Systems
Enquiry Form: http://www.epreston.co.uk/contact/
Home Page: http://www.epreston.co.uk/epblog/