• For 277 VAC or 400 VDC applications
• Excellent symmetrical attenuation
• Completely enclosed steel housing
• Optional overvoltage protection
SCHURTER extends its successful family of chassis mounted filters for 1-phase systems, FMAB NEO with the new series FMAB HV. It is suitable for applications up to 277 VAC as well as 400 VDC. In North America, there are various 1-phase applications in the 3-phase 480/277 VAC network. 400 VDC is often used in modern data centers with DC power supply. The single-stage filter series combines a compact design with a high level of performance.
With 277 VAC and 400 VDC approval, the new FMAB HV filter family offers the greatest possible flexibility for various applications. Today, more and more mixed AC and DC power supplies are used for better energy efficiency and/or improved reliability. In these applications, the filter can be used on both the AC and DC sides.
The new filter series has a shiny steel housing with a closed filter base. This effectively shields the filter, no matter how it is mounted. The filter series is particularly suitable for devices with high symmetrical interferences, such as devices with semiconductors, which regulate high outputs (e.g. commercial coffee machines, hot water dispensing machines, and all types of industrial electronics). Due to their compact design, the filters are also ideally suited for medical and household appliances.
The filters are available with quick connect terminals 6.3 x 0.8mm. They have a metal flange for easy mounting on the chassis. The entire filter family can be used over a temperature range from -40 °C to 100 °C.
The series is designed for currents from 1 A to 20 A at 277 VAC / 277 VDC according to IEC standard and 277 VAC and 400 VDC according to UL/CSA standard. It has ENEC and cURus approval and is suitable for applications according to IEC 60950. For medical devices according to IEC/UL 60601-1, variants with low leakage currents <80 μA (M80) or without leakage current <5 μA (M5) are available.
Versions with built-in varistors for effective overvoltage protection are available on request.
Technical Data / Approvals
– 277 VAC / 400 VDC single-phase block filter
– Single-stage filter with excellent symmetrical attenuation
– Filter available in standard or medical M5 / M80 version
– Rated currents: 1, 3, 6, 10, 12, 16, 20 A (ENEC / UL / CSA) at 40°C
– Operating Temperature: -40°C to 100°C
– Chassis: Screw-on mounting, from top
– Quick connect terminals 6.3 x 0.8mm
– for 277 VAC applications in North America in 3 phase WYE power 480/277 VAC
– for 400 VDC application e.g. data center
– for applications with high symmetrical interferences
– Industrial applications
– Datacom equipment
– Medical equipment
Enquiry Form: http://www.epreston.co.uk/contact/
Home Page: http://www.epreston.co.uk/epblog/