● Ultra-slim book style design for DIN-Rail mounting
● Version for backplane chassis mounting
● Double-stage, single-phase filter for highest EMI attenuation
● Cage clamp terminals for quick and efficient wiring
● Variants with overcurrent and overvoltage protection
Schurter’s new FPBB RAIL is an extraordinarily slim double-stage, single-phase filter, measuring only 25 mm in width. The attractive space-saving design integrates an optional fuseholder or circuit breaker. Additionally, an overvoltage varistor is available in all three variations. FPBB RAIL: three functions in one ultra-slim housing.
Space can be a scarce commodity on a panel, particularly panel designs in control cabinets for industrial machinery. Densely populated interference generating components, such as switching power supplies or inverters, can further complicate design when high performance filters are required to reach CE conformity. These filters can be large and can occupy premium space on the DIN-Rail. SCHURTER provides a solution with the FPBB RAIL. The new two-stage filter offers a very high EMI attenutation in an ultra-slim, space-saving housing.
Typical areas of application for the FPBB RAIL are industrial or machine controls, where downsizing and possible relocation of the control cabinet to a more accessible area can be realized. A backplane screw mount version is also available for further flexibility in design. The powerful, slim filters are also ideal for medical equipment according to IEC / UL 60601-1 and ICT equipment according to IEC / UL 60950, offering low leakage or standard current options. Further features include cage clamp terminals for particularly efficient, fast wiring.
The FPBB RAIL is designed for currents from 1 A to 16 A with a maximum of 125 / 250 VAC and 250 VDC according to IEC and UL / CSA standards. The series is ENEC and cURus approved. The filter version can be used over a wide temperature range from -40 °C to 100 °C. Versions with fuseholder and overvoltage protection operate over a range of -40 °C to 85 °C, while those with a circuit breaker are rated for a range of -5 °C to 60 °C.
Technical Data / Approvals
– single-phase DIN rail filter 250 VAC / 250 VDC
– double-stage filter with very high attenuation
– filter available in standard or medical M5 / M80 versions
– rated currents: 1, 3, 6, 10, 12, 16 A (ENEC / UL / CSA) at 40 °C
– operating temperature: -40 °C to 100 °C
– DIN rail mounting or backplane chassis mounting
– cage clamp terminals 0.2 – 2.5 mm2, 24 – 12 AWG
– Industrial controls
– Industrial applications
– Datacom equipment
– Medical equipment
– Controls in door jambs, e.g. elevators
Enquiry Form: http://www.epreston.co.uk/contact/
Home Page: http://www.epreston.co.uk/epblog/