Honeywell is pleased to announce its High Sensitivity Digital Latching Sensor ICs, VF360NT and VF360ST, that are AEC-Q100 qualified for use in the transportation industry.
The VF360NT and VF360ST High Sensitivity Latching Digital Hall-Effect Sensor ICs are small, sensitive and versatile devices that are operated by the magnetic field from a permanent magnet or an electromagnet. They are designed to respond to alternating North and South poles. The VF360NT is turned ON by a North pole, while the VF360ST is turned ON by a South pole. This sensor IC does not use chopper stabilization on the Hall element, providing a clean output signal and a faster latch response time when compared to competitive high sensitivity Hall-effect bipolar latching sensor ICs which do use chopper stabilization.
VALUE TO CUSTOMERS
* AEC-Q100 qualification provides enhanced reliability and quality of electronic components. Components meeting these specifications are often suitable for use in harsh automotive environments without the customer’s need for additional component-level qualification testing.
* Designed to provide reliable, consistent performance and a fast response time, enhancing efficiency in brushless dc motor (BLDC) applications
* Designed to provide a wide supply voltage range and no chopper delay, allowing for potential use in a variety of applications
* Designed to provide a clean output signal without the customer having to include additional circuitry to achieve noise suppression due to chopper stabilization
* Qualified to the AEC-Q100 standard for potential use in automotive applications
* Fastest response time in its class [1.5 μs]
* Operate from 30 Gauss typical at 25°C [77 °F] and 55 Gauss maximum over the full -40 °C to 150 °C [-40 °F to 302 °F] temperature range
* Latching magnetics
* Repeatable magnetics (no jitter)
* No additional electronic noise generated by sensor
* Non-chopper-stabilized design
* Subminiature SOT-23 surface mount package supplied on tape and reel (3,000 units per reel)
* 3 Vdc to 24 Vdc
* Built-in reverse polarity protection
* RoHS-compliant material
POTENTIAL TRANSPORTATION APPLICATIONS
* BLDC motor commutation for automotive applications: Air input flap to engine, convertible roof position, electronic parking brakes, electronic window lifts and anti-pinch power window systems, HVAC blowers, headlights, power doors, mirrors and tail gates, seat motors, steering, windshield washers and wipers
* Speed and RPM sensing: Motors and fans; tachometer and counter pickup
* Flow rate sensing
Enquiry Form: http://www.epreston.co.uk/enquiries.php
Home Page: http://www.epreston.co.uk/epblog/