Honeywell is pleased to announce two additions to the SNG-Q Series Quadrature Speed and Direction Sensor portfolio.
The SNG-QPCA-001 and SNG-QPRA-000 join the SNG-QPLA-000 [4-wire, plastic housing, 500 mm/19.7 in cable with flying leads, right angle exit, 35 mm/1.38 in housing] that launched in July 2015.
The SNG-QPCA-001 offers a Deutsch connector and a 1.25 m [49.2 in] extended length cable, which simplifies reaching the electrical system mating connection. The SNG-QPRA-000 offers an integral Amp Superseal, which provides quick and easy connection to the electrical system mating harness. The SNG-Q Series are designed to improve equipment uptime, minimize service costs, and provide resistance to high electrical noise and moisture intrusion. They may potentially be used in many industrial and transportation applications.
The SNG-Q Series sensor design and manufacturing use a platform-based approach that enables cost-competitiveness and mechanical and electrical configurability. Speed information is provided from digital square wave outputs; direction is provided using a quadrature output with signals 90° phase shifted from each other. With the quadrature output, target direction is determined by output lead/lag phase shifting. This product is designed for use where enhanced accuracy is required to detect small target features. This enhanced accuracy is enabled by dual differential Hall-effect sensor IC technology.
* Wide operating temp range: -40 ºC to 150 ºC [-40 °F to 302 °F]
* Environmental sealing: Moisture ingress protection rated to IP69K
* Robust electrical noise immunity: Electrical noise radiated immunity (EMC) rated to 100 V/m
* High frequency switching capability: 3 Hz to 20 kHz
* O-ring seal: For pressure applications; enables environmental sealing to mounting surface
* Fixed mounting flange allows for simple installation using one fastener
* Supply voltage range: 4.5 V to 26 V
* AC induction motors in material handling, ag and construction machines: May be used to help control power delivered by the ac induction motor
* Hydraulic pump motors in material handling, ag and construction machines: May be used to help control power delivered by the hydraulic pump motor
* Escalators/elevators: May be used to help control speed and position
* Hybrid electric transmissions in heavy duty trucks, buses, ag/construction machines: May be used to help control power regulation of the hybrid system
* Wheel speed detection in material handling, ag/ construction machines: May be used to detect speed and direction of wheels, which translates to speed and direction of the machine
* Hybrid engines in heavy duty trucks, buses, agriculture and construction machines: May be used to help control power regulation of the hybrid system
Enquiry Form: http://www.epreston.co.uk/enquiries.php
Home Page: http://www.epreston.co.uk/epblog/