Honeywell’s SNG-Q Series Quadrature Speed and Direction Sensors with 4-wire quadrature sensing is the first release of the new SNG-Q Series Speed Sensor Platform.
The sensor design and manufacturing use a platform-based approach that enables cost-competitiveness and mechanical and electrical configurability.
The SNG-Q Series provide both speed and direction information. Speed information is provided from digital square wave outputs; direction is provided using a quadrature output with signals 90° phase shifted from each other. With the quadrature output, target direction is determined by output lead/lag phase shifting. This product is designed for applications where enhanced accuracy is required to detect small target features. This enhanced accuracy is enabled by dual differential Hall-effect sensor IC technology. The SNG-Q Series is designed for a wide operating temperature range, robust electrical noise immunity and industry leading environmental sealing capability. This product includes an O-ring seal for pressure applications, and a fixed mounting flange for simple installation using one fastener.
* Wide operating temperature range: -40ºC to 150ºC [-40°F to 302°F]
* Environmental sealing: Moisture ingress protection rated to IP69k
* Robust electrical noise immunity: Electrical noise radiated immunity (EMC) rated to 100V/m
* High frequency switching capability: 3Hz to 20kHz
* Direction information: From phase-shifted dual output signals
* O-ring seal: Enables environmental sealing to mounting surface
* Supply voltage range: 4.5V to 26V
* AC induction motors in material handling, agriculture, and construction machines: May be used to help control power delivered by the ac induction motor
* Hydraulic pump motors in material handling, agriculture, and construction machines: May be used to help control power delivered by the hydraulic pump motor
* Escalators and elevators: May be used to help control speed and position
* Hybrid electric transmissions in heavy duty trucks, buses, agriculture and construction machines: May be used to help control power regulation of the hybrid system
* Wheel speed detection in material handling, agriculture, and construction machines: May be used to detect the speed and direction of the wheels, which translates to the speed and direction of the machine
* Hybrid engines in heavy duty trucks, buses, agriculture and construction machines: May be used to help control power regulation of the hybrid system
Enquiry Form: http://www.epreston.co.uk/enquiries.php
Home Page: http://www.epreston.co.uk/epblog/