Schurter is expanding the successful UMT-H series of SMD fuses with 13 additional rated currents. The expanded series – which covers rated currents between 160 mA and 10 A – will now protect an even broader range of applications. With a rated breaking capacity of 1500 A, this compact SMD fuse is capable of protecting against short circuits, while providing reliable overcurrent protection.
Schurter now offers the UMT-H in a total of 19 rated currents between 160 mA and 10 A at voltages up to 277 VAC and 250 VDC. The compact SMD fuse stands out with its high breaking capacity of 1500 A at rated voltage. This key feature, among others, makes the square UMT-H a space saving alternative to classic cylindrically shaped cartridge fuses (e.g. 5×20 mm).
Besides a wide range of applications in power circuits and sensors, the UMT-H is particularly well suited for the primary protection of power supply units rated up to 277 VAC. It is also suitable for use in the protection of single phase industrial appliances. The high breaking capacity of 1500 A, the spacing between the end caps of >10 mm and the ability to be potted also make these devices useful in applications according to IEC 60079-11 that involve explosion protection. Examples include first responder equipment, industrial controls exposed to oil and gas environments, and lighting ballasts.
Features and benefits:
– High rated voltages up to 277 VAC / 250 VDC
– High breaking capacity (H) of 1500 A at rated voltage
– Initially six rated currents from 160 mA to 2 A (others will follow)
– Time-lag (T) characteristics according to UL 248-14
– Compact, square design
– No rolling away during PCB assembly and soldering
– Safe interruption at line voltage
– Halogen-free and RoHS-compliant
– Primary protection on SMD PCBs
– Industrial electronics
– Power supplies
– Explosion protection (IEC 60079-11)
Enquiry Form: http://www.epreston.co.uk/enquiries.php
Home Page: http://www.epreston.co.uk/epblog/