For Manufacturers who Need Accurate, Reliable, and Durable Non-Contact Rotary and Angle Position Sensing in Defense and Space Applications
The 1-Inch Series resolvers are manufactured and delivered up to 1.5 times faster than many competitors’ products, helping to meet special application requirements and minimize production time. With the launch of the Hawk™ Resolvers, Honeywell now offers two off-the-shelf versions, as well as resolvers that can be customized to meet specific end-user needs.
Potential defense applications for the 1-Inch Series include positioning for electro-optical systems, gimbals/communication pedestals, infrared systems, vehicle transmission systems, and test equipment. Potential space applications include positioning for satellite, satellite antenna, space station, and space
vehicle solar panel arrays.
The Hawk™ 1-Inch Series Resolvers offer several other competitive advantages, including:
* Shock specification of 50 g, 11 ms, vibration specification of 15 g, 10 Hz to 2000 Hz and wide operating temperature range of -50.8 °C to 93.3 °C [-60 °F to 200 °F] which allow for use in harsh military and aerospace applications;
* Wide excitation voltage range of 2 V to 15 V which allows customers to standardize on a resolver that meets their excitation voltage needs, simplifying sourcing and delivery, and saving time;
* Global support and over 30 years of resolver engineering expertise.
Unlike many rotary position sensors, the Hawk™ Resolvers offer sensing in harsh military and space environments. In addition to its non-contact design, the lack of electronics, and the use of space-qualified materials, the Hawk™ Resolvers meet multiple military/aerospace specifications: DO-160D, MIL-STD-202G, MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-81963B, MIL-STD-461F, andcomply with space outgassing requirement SP-R0022.
The fully housed configuration with bearing/shaft has a small outer diameter of 1 inch, which allows for use in size-restricted applications. The single speed operation (1 magnetic pole pair) allows for cost-effective angle resolution over a 360°+ range, and the wide excitation frequency range of 2000 Hz to 5000 Hz provides a wide variety of choices with which to power the device. The transformation ratio of 0.45 or 1.0 offers customers two choices, increasing flexibility within the application.
The Honeywell Hawk™ 1-Inch Series Resolvers are also available with a variety of options, including:
* Custom trim designed to allow tighter accuracy;
* Connections which include custom lead wire, cable, connector on unit, or connector on cable;
* Titanium housing which provides enhanced durability and resistance to corrosion; lightweight;
* Custom redundant version (two independent resolvers within the same housing) which provides reliable back-up/fail-safe in critical applications;
* Transformer for 360°+ rotation (continuous).
Enquiry Form: http://www.epreston.co.uk/enquiries.php
Home Page: http://www.epreston.co.uk/epblog/